Welcome to Land of Medicine Buddha
Land of Medicine Buddha provides classes and space for group and personal retreats, on a forested piece of property at the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains, just a mile and a half from Soquel Village, California. We are an active Buddhist community. Through teaching, meditation, prayer, retreat and community service, we engage in preserving and transmitting the Mahayana Buddhist tradition and values, specifically in the lineage of Lama Tsongkhapa.
- Our gates are open to the public everyday from 7am to 8pm
- Our bookstore is open everyday from 10am to 5pm
- There is a suggested donation of $5/person, waived for those coming for classes, retreats, and visiting holy objects and temple shrine
- Enjoy a hike on our Eight Verses Trail (1-mile loop) or on our 2-mile and 6-mile loops (these both cross into Nisene Marks State Park)
- You are welcome to bring your dog on a leash
- Vegetarian lunch available (reservations required)
Interested in taking a class while you’re here? Check out our calendar HERE.