Join us for all 4 classes on Karma or "drop in" to one or more sessions
In this interactive workshop you will:
Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
Dalai Lama XIV
Understanding and the practice of protecting karma is so important for everyone, for beginners just starting to practice Dharma, for those who have an established Dharma practice and even for advanced meditators with high Tantric realizations.
Lama Zopa Rinpoche
- Learn the definition of karma, what it really means, and why it has such great importance in not only Buddhist practice, but in everyday life
- Explore the dynamic of karmic "cause and effect" and put it to work for you
- Learn the difference between positive and negative karma and how they are created
- Develop an understanding of the concepts of "virtue" and "nonvirtue" or "wholesome" and "unwholesome" and their relationship to your own and other's happiness and suffering
- Learn the four "factors" of karma and how they together determine the resulting experience
- Learn how to plant and nurture good karmic "seeds" and how to purify any negative or unhelpful "seeds
|Date(s):||4 consecutive Sunday afternoons at 3:30-5pm. Sept. 22, 29 Oct. 6, 13|
|Times:||3:30 pm - 5:00 pm|
|Type of event:||general class|
|Number of sessions:||4|
|Level:||Open to all|
|Add to Google Calendar:|
Registration and Donations for Understanding Karma with Karuna Cayton
Online registration is now closed for this event.