Right now we are offering supporters, old and new, an opportunity to sponsor holy images of Shakyamuni Buddha and a variety of mantras. In appreciation, we will offer lights at our Stupa on Lab.bab Du.chen and beyond.
Offer Holy Mantras, Images and Lights!
We are in the process of completing the preparations to fill the second level and seal it before the winter rains come. The Tengyur, holy Collected Works of Lama Tsong Khapa and his two disciples, tsa tsas, stupas, millions of mantras and thousand images of Shakyamuni Buddha will fill the second level of the stupa.
- We are aiming to raise at least $8,888 during this fundraiser.
- We welcome any amount of offering!
- We have also created special perks with sponsorship levels ranging from $108 – $5,000
The 34-day period of offering light will coincide with the favorable dates, as advised by Geshe Ngawang Dakpa, according to the time in India, . Land of Medicine Buddha Sangha members, Sangha members from Santa Cruz, Board members and staff will help to fill the Stupa and offer lights . In this way, as a community, we will be able to create the karmic causes for the success of the Stupa project.
Join us in this Special Project and Event
- Donate any amount!
- Select a ‘perk’ below and donate a specific number of images or mantras at the $5,000, 1008, $500, $250, $108 level.
- Invite your friends, family members, co-workers or employers in making a donation or sponsorship.
- Join us in making the light offerings on Lab.bab Du.chen in November.
Ways to Contribute
- Preferred Method: Write a check payable to Land of Medicine Buddha
Note: Stupa Project
Mail to 5800 Prescott Road, Soquel CA 95073
- Contribute through our Indiegogo campaign
- Make a donation to the Stupa Project using a secure server and your credit card.
Contributions may be received up until December 31st, 2014. In order to be included in the light offerings on Labab Duchen we will need to receive your names by 12noon on November 12th. The Indiegogo campaign will remain open for 60 days so that donations can be made there toward our goal. And, of course, donations can be made for the Stupa Project in general until the project is completed.
Make a Donation to Help Build the Stupa Now!
We will thank you by making light offerings on your behalf from Nov 13, 2014, the special Buddha Days of the Buddha’s Descent from Tushita through Lama Tsong Khapa Day, Dec 16, 2014.
A Project inspired by Kyabje Zopa Rinpoche
Since its inception in 1997, the Stupa Project has undergone many stages of architectural design, planning, consultations, working with government agencies, redesigns, further consultations. After observations and consultation with Lama Zopa Rinpoche and also Khandrola, we were advised to build a Mahabodhi Temple, similar to the one in Bodhgaya, which was built at the site where the Buddha attained enlightenment.
|Type of event:||community|
|Number of sessions:|
|Participation:||All are welcome!|
|Add to Google Calendar:|