Leading people is one of the most challenging tasks we can take on in life. And this challenge is made more difficult by the demands of today’s 24/7 always-on, interconnected world where distractions are rampant and change is constant. We often don’t have the breathing space to be clear and focused, to listen deeply to ourselves and others, or to lead with a sense of calm and centeredness. However, in the midst of this autopilot environment, decades of scientific research have found that mindfulness is the tool that enables leaders to embrace their humanity, focus on being a leader, engage with others in a more meaningful and impactful way, and perhaps even reduce suffering—for themselves and others—along the way.
At this daylong workshop, learn how to:
- Be a leader—as your natural self-expression—by embodying the Four Pillars of Leadership (rather than trying to learn the styles and characteristics of accomplished leaders, and then attempting to remember to apply them in the heat of the moment)
- Cultivate the mindfulness practices that accompany the Four Pillars of Leadership
- Free yourself from Leadership Mind Traps that lurk in your blind spots
- Uncover your life story, its positive and negative impact on your leadership journey, and begin to craft a more empowering story
- Develop an unconditional confidence and presence of mind to meet the demands of high performance leadership
Duanna Pang, CC, of Discerning Leadership (https://discerningleadership.com), is a Leadership Coach with over 15 years of experience, who has coached C-level officers like CEOs, CHROs, CFOs, physicians and senior directors in for-profit and non-profit organizations in America and Singapore. Duanna is also a Certified Mindfulness Meditation Teacher who trained with Jack Kornfield and Tara Brach. One of the highlights of her life is meeting His Holiness the Dalai Lama in 2014: “He shook my hands twice! His Holiness’s lightness of being and purity of heart have left an indelible mark on me… I’m humbled and deeply grateful for the precious opportunity to meet him. He has inspired me to devote my work to asking the question: How can leadership reduce suffering and support people to achieve meaningful goals and have peace and fulfilment at the same time?”
|Date(s):||December 7th, 2019|
|Times:||10:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Type of event:|
|Number of sessions:||Daylong|
|Level:||All Levels Welcome|
|Add to Google Calendar:|
Registration and Donations for Mindful Leadership Daylong
Online registration is now closed for this event.