Please register online or with our Reception Office by noon of Wednesday, Feb 7.
At Jhado Rinpoche’s advice, following the teachings on Medicine Buddha, we will be doing the Medicine Buddha retreat from Feb 8–15. We will be accumulating 10,000 long Medicine Buddha mantra (Om namo bhagavate benkhandze guru baidurya…) plus 10,000 wisdom showering mantra, and concluding with a fire puja for those who had completed the mantra accumulation. This is an incredible opportunity to do the retreat under Rinpoche’s guidance. Join us!
Feb 8: Afternoon -Retreat Preliminary Ritual (time to be confirmed)
Feb 9–14: Three sessions of Medicine Buddha practice, accumulating 10,000 mantras of the long Medicine Buddha mantra (Om namo bhagavate benkhandze guru baidurya…) plus 10,000 wisdom showering mantra.
Feb 15 morning: Fire puja for those who had completed the accumulation of mantras
Double room accommodation can be available to two people who booked together. We are offering a sliding scale for the retreat, including meals.
- Basic Donation: Shared room-$525; Double room-$630; Single room-$1045; Yurt single-$805. Commuter: $666
- Generous Donation: Shared room-$808; Double room-$913; Single room-$1328; Yurt single-$1088; Commuter: $578
- Supreme Donation: Shared room-$946; Double room-$1051; Single room-$1466; Yurt single-$1226; Commuter: $355
- One is a Buddhist, ie has taken refuge in the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha, and has a good foundation in the lam rim and the sutra path (at least having some experience of renunciation, bodhicitta, and wisdom understanding emptiness).
While those who have not received a Medicine Buddha empowerment are allowed to participate in the retreat, however, in order to do the concluding fire puja, the following prerequisites must be fulfilled:
- Have received the Great Medicine Buddha Empowerment.
- Have received a great highest yoga tantra empowerment (e.g. Yamantaka, Heruka, Guhyasamaja or Hevajra), or a great empowerment from the Tathagata class of tantra (e.g. Namgyalma or Medicine Buddha) plus a Medicine Buddha jenang (subsequent permission).
|Date(s):||Feb 8 evening through Feb 15 noon|
|Instructor/Leader:||Jhado Rinpoche, Venerable Steve Carlier|
|Type of event:||retreat|
|Number of sessions:||8 days|
|Location:||Gompa Chung Chung|
|Add to Google Calendar:|
Registration and Donations for Medicine Buddha Retreat with Fire Puja
Online registration is now closed for this event.