Geshe Ngawang Drakpa will lead us in a consecration ritual to bless our stupa and all of the items to be placed inside the first level.
Place: Stupa Site
There will be two sessions both at the stupa site in the meadow.
First session will begin at 10:30am.
Precept lunch will be offered to all attendees afterwards.
Second session starts after lunch (time to be determined).
We will begin placing the consecrated objects into the blessed stupa after the second session.
Important note for participants: On the day of the consecration, please take only Precept food for breakfast and lunch, i.e., no eggs, garlic, onion, meat (includes cakes and cookies with eggs, garlic and onion). Register for lunch, below.
Volunteers: We are happy to welcome helpful hands in preparing the materials to fill our Stupa, and setting up for the consecration. If you are interested in helping out we would like to hear from you. Please drop us an email so we will be ready for you.
As you can see, there are truckloads of materials, mainly sacred texts and fragrant wood shavings, to fill the first inner chamber and the corridor around it.
Ten benefits of a stupa were explained by Lama Thubten Zopa Rinpoche at Chenrezig Institute, Australia, in September 1994.
The stupa represents Buddha’s holy mind, dharmakaya, and each part of the stupa shows the path to enlightenment. Building a stupa is a very powerful way to purify negative karma and obscurations, and to accumulate extensive merit. In this way you can have realizations of the path to enlightenment and be able to do perfect work to liberate suffering beings, who equal the sky, leading them to the peerless happiness of enlightenment, which is the ultimate goal of our life.
1. If you make 1,000 stupas, you will become a great ‘Wheel-turning Holder of the Wisdom Teachings’ (Mahayana Secret Mantra) and have clairvoyance knowing all the buddhadharma.
2. After death, without being born in the lower realms, you will be born as a king.
3. You will become like a sun, rising in the world, with perfect senses and a beautiful body.
4. You will be able to remember past lives and see future lives.
5. You will be able to extensively listen to the Dharma without forgetfulness.
6. The “Stainless Beam” sutra states: ‘All negative karma and obscurations, including the five uninterrupted negative karmas, are purified even by dreaming of a stupa, seeing a stupa, hearing the sound of the bell of a stupa and even for birds and flies etc, by being touched by the shadow of a stupa.’
7. The sentient beings will always be protected by the Buddhas, who always pay attention to guiding them to achieve complete pure enlightenment. They abide in the irreversible stage.
8. It is explained by Shakyamuni Buddha in the sutras, that it is extremely powerful to build a stupa for those who have passed away, as it immediately changes a suffering rebirth into a fortunate rebirth with the opportunity to meet the Dharma.
9. It can also heal those with serious diseases.
10. There is no question that it accumulates extensive merit and brings success and happiness.Therefore, dedicate for your ancestors, family members and friends who have passed away or who are sick, and for the happiness of yourself and your family in this and future lives. Thank you very much.
|Date(s):||Thursday, Aug 28, 2014|
|Times:||10:30 am - 5:30 pm|
|Instructor/Leader:||Geshe Ngawang Dakpa|
|Type of event:||puja|
|Number of sessions:||2|
|Participation:||open to all|
|Location:||Meadow at LMB|
|Add to Google Calendar:|
Registration and Donations for Consecration for Stupa Filling
Online registration is now closed for this event.