Join us for a month of Ksitigarbha celebration and joyful practices at the Ksitigarbha Pure Land. 中文說明，請按連結
Practices, Movie Screening, and Exhibition
We invite you to take part in the following free-flow activities at any time between 10am–3pm.
- Elaborate offerings to Ksigitarbha – you are welcome to bring offerings, e.g. flowers and fruits (vegetarian food offering only)
- Water bowl offering in the Ksitigarbha Temple – group practice
- Prostration and meditation – personal practice (you are welcome to bring your own gloves for prostration, and cushion; chairs will be provided)
- Ksitigarbha practices – personal practices
- Enjoy short movie screenings on the “Life of the Buddha” and “Ksitigarbha Stories”
- Exhibition by Tara Home (Hospice) and Tara Redwood School
- Light lunch and snacks provided (please bring your personal utensils and cup)
On Three Special Ksitigarbha Days: July 29, Aug 12, and Aug 26
- A special puja at 11am–12noon (time subject to change)
Covid Policy for In-Person
This event requires proof of full vaccination. The use of mask is strong encouraged.
Benefits of Relying on Ksitigarbha
Ksitigarbha practice is especially beneficial for those who have insurmountable problems, serious health problems, difficulties in big projects and financial difficulties. I suggest they should recite either the long or the short mantra every day for protection, or at least four or five times or more, depending on the magnitude of the problems.
By making offerings to bodhisattva Ksitigarbha, whatever prayers you make become most unbelievably powerful—a hundred million times more powerful for success, and it is much more powerful than praying to other bodhisattvas. It is the most unbelievable for great success to happen as quickly as possible.
~ Lama Zopa Rinpoche
Lama Zopa Rinpoche also recommends reciting the Kṣitigarbha mantra and doing his practice to improve health and financial problems and also to avert disasters, such as earthquakes, hurricanes, and fires.
Visit our Ksitigarbha Pure Land site to learn more about Ksitigarbha.
Be a Benefactor of Ksitigarbha!
Donations and sponsorships are welcome, which will go towards the Celebrate Ksitigarbha events, and the upkeep of Ksitigarbha Pure Land as well as Land of Medicine Buddha. Dedication prayers will made for all sponsors.
Dedication Prayer Request
To request a dedication for a loved one or a deceased, please fill out the request form here.
Homage to Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva
OṂ ĀḤ KŚITIGARBHA THLIṂ HŪṂ
|Date(s):||July 29–August 26|
|Times:||10:00 am - 3:00 pm|
|Type of event:||Pujas (Rituals)|
|Number of sessions:||One month with three special days: Jul 29, Aug 12 & Aug 26|
|Participation:||All are welcome|
|Location:||Ksitigarbha Pure Land|
|Add to Google Calendar:|
Registration and Donations for Celebrate Ksitigarbha
Online registration is now closed for this event.