Daylong Meditation Retreat with Amy Miller
– Content will reference core elements of the FPMT’s “Discovering Buddhism All About Karma: Module 6”
Saturday November 13th, 2021 9:00am to 4:00pm (PT)
*** This course will occur both online via Zoom and in-person with prior approval.
To book one of the ten available in-person spots, please see the instructions below for registering in-person***
All About Karma – Daylong Retreat
This daylong meditation retreat offers you invaluable input on karma in the Tibetan tradition. Discussion, Q and A and meditation opportunities will all feature in the day’s schedule.
The major topics covered in All About Karma will be:
- Why Things Happen
- The Mechanics of Karma
- How Bad Karma Gets Created
- Purifying Bad Karma
- Creating the Causes for Favorable Results
Who is it For?
Open to all students, buddhists and non-buddhists alike, especially those with a particular interest in karma. Please register and make your donation below. You will receive a Zoom link by automated email soon after we receive your registration.
- Those participants who recently participated in our “All About Karma” Discovering Buddhism (DB) online course with Ven. Amy, are welcome to attend this Daylong Online Retreat free of charge as a complimentary bonus. 🙏 Please select the appropriate “complimentary participation” registration option below, if you fall into this category. Please note, if you are someone who recently attended DB Module 6 with Ven. Amy, (and you have fulfilled all the other certification criteria) and your wish is to receive a DB completion card for this Module, then you are obliged to attend this Daylong as part of your journey towards eventual certification.
Daylong Program for Saturday, November 13th
9:15 – 9:45am Meditation
9:45 – 10:15am Meditation
10:15 – 10:30am Break
10:30 – 11:00am Walking Meditation
11:00 – 11:30am Meditation
11:30am – 12noon Meditation
12:00noon – 1:00pm Lunch
1:00 – 2:00pm Discussion, Questions and Answers
2:00 – 3:00pm Meditation
3:00 – 3:30pm Meditation & Stretching
3:30 – 4:00pm Final Meditation
About the Instructor
Amy J. Miller (Ven. Lobsang Chodren) first encountered Buddhism in 1987 at Kopan Monastery in Nepal and has been ordained since 2000. She has spent a great deal of time engaged in meditation retreats, study, teaching, and Buddhist center management. Prior to studying Buddhism, Amy was a political fundraiser in Washington, DC and also worked for Mother Jones Magazine in San Francisco, California. She also trained as a hospice counselor during the peak of the AIDS epidemic in San Francisco and offers courses and retreats on death and dying and end-of-life care.
Amy also leads pilgrimages to Buddhist sites such as Lawudo Retreat Center in the Mount Everest region of Nepal. See her website below for more information.
Amy’s teaching style helps people connect with meditation and mindfulness in an effort to gain a refreshing perspective on normally stressful living.
She is also the co-author of FPMT’s Buddhism in a Nutshell. For more information on Amy’s teaching schedule and courses, see www.AmyMiller.com.
About Discovering Buddhism
The FPMT’s Discovering Buddhism Course comprises 14 modules covering the complete Buddhist path to enlightenment. Discovering Buddhism is designed for students who wish to deepen their understanding of fundamental Buddhist concepts. It aims to provide an experiential taste of the Buddha’s teachings and the skills we need to make our lives most meaningful. For more information on the Discovering Buddhism program, please click here.
Interested in Joining in-person?
Please take these steps beyond registering online to request a spot to join us live:
1. REGISTER FOR ONLINE ATTENDANCE: Register for the online event attendance below.
3. WRITE IN SUBJECT LINE: in-person request, name & date of event
4. BODY OF EMAIL: include your first and last name and the best way in which to contact you (eg. email, cell phone, text, etc)
5. WAIT TO RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION NUMBER: If there is space available to accommodate you safely, you will receive a confirmation number from the Spiritual Program Department.
There is a limited number of seats available, so please email us as soon as possible. EMAILING US IS NOT A GUARANTEE OF A SPOT IN THE GOMPA. Please assume you will be joining the event online via zoom, unless you have received a confirmation number from the Spiritual Program Department inviting you to join us . There will no extra charge for the teaching to join us live and in-person.
Masks will be required at all times indoors, as well as observance of paper social distancing.
Thank you for your understanding and patience while we navigate these new and often changing situations during this pandemic. We are doing our best to keep everyone safe while also finding a way to cultivate community and connection.
Want to book an overnight Stay?
You may book a room to stay overnight here. It is wise to get confirmation for permission to join in-person from the SPC Dept. () prior to booking your room. Booking an overnight stay is not a guarantee of availability to join in-person.
WE ARE ABLE TO KEEP OUR GOMPA DOORS OPEN DUE TO THE KINDNESS AND GENEROSITY OF FOLKS LIKE YOU. DONATIONS RECEIVED FOR REGISTRATION OF THIS EVENT GO TOWARDS THE UP-KEEP, FUNCTIONING AND RUNNING OF LAND OF MEDICINE BUDDHA
|Date(s):||Saturday 13th of November, 2021|
|Times:||9:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|Instructor/Leader:||Ven. Amy Miller|
|Type of event:||Discovering Buddhism|
|Number of sessions:||1 Practice Day 9am - 4pm PT|
|Participation:||Attendance of all sessions encouraged|
|Location:||Online Via Zoom|
|Add to Google Calendar:|