Thanks so much for your continued support of Land of Medicine Buddha (LMB).
As we move forward through the stages of reopening, it will be important that we keep lines of communication open as things are still changing rapidly.
We continue to monitor guidelines posted from Santa Cruz County Department of Public Health (SCCDPH) and the State of California.
As stay-at-home orders are modified, and we begin to join together in groups, it is essential that all possible steps be taken to ensure the safety of our dear Guests and LMB Staff.
Key prevention practices we have identified include:
- physical distancing of 6 feet to the maximum extent possible
- use of face coverings by both LMB Staff and Guests
- daily temperature checks of LMB Staff and Guests on arrival
- frequent handwashing and regular cleaning and disinfection
It is critical that all staff and guests adhere to these prevention practices while on the Land.
In order to identify new cases of illness at LMB and, when they are identified, to intervene quickly and work with public health authorities to halt the spread of the virus we will keep a database of all residential guests. You will be asked to provide contact information including phone, email, and snail mail address at check-in for this purpose.
For full transparency, please read through our Mindful Cleaning & Sanitizing Practices on the following pages. If you find that you still have questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our Reservations desk and let us know.
Phase 1 of our reopening will begin on July 1st, 2020 and will include the following:
- Our Main Gompa will reopen with a limit of 10 guests at one time
- We will start taking reservations for Private room rentals in the Treetops building only (Rooms 1-10)
- Our Bookstore & Gift Shop will open for curbside pick-up and by appointment only
- The Pool area will remain closed until Phase 2 of our reopening
- The Dining Room will remain closed. There will not be any food or beverage service available at LMB until Phase 2 of our reopening
- Public restrooms will remain closed
We are not certain when Phase 2 will be implemented. There are several factors that will go into this decision, including staffing, transmission rates in our community, and the effectiveness of our reopening strategy during Phase 1.
Phase 2 will include the following:
- We will open our Pool area
- We will open restrooms to the public
- We will offer take-out food options
- We will begin offering classes in outdoor spaces
- We will open the Wish-Fulfilling Temple to the public
You will notice a few changes in our guest rooms when you first return to LMB as a Residential Guest. We have removed all reusable items from our guest rooms including decorative pillows, wool blankets, and our guest books.
Our commitment to you, our precious guests, include these Mindful Cleaning & Sanitizing Practices:
Guidelines for Public Spaces:
- Thrice daily sanitizing of all high touch areas in the Main Gompa, public bathrooms, and main areas of the Center including doorknobs, railings, Center bathroom fixtures
- We will be blocking rooms for 48 hours between guests to allow for extra cleaning time
- Our housekeeping staff will not enter rooms while guests are in the room
- We will be removing and cleaning all linens from each room between guests whether it was obviously used or not while using plenty of ventilation
- Every room will be completely cleaned and sanitized using EPA approved cleaning products that block 99.9% of coronavirus germs. This includes ALL touchable surfaces
In addition to the 5 lay precepts, we ask our residential guests to abide by the following guidelines while on LMB property:
- On arrival, please go to the Bookstore & Gift Shop for a temperature check. If you arrive late or no one is available to help you, please visit the Shop the following day
- Wear a face mask while outside of your room
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or an EPA approved hand sanitizer
- Maintain safe social distancing of at least 6 feet at all times
- IF YOU FEEL ILL WHILE YOU ARE ON THE PROPERTY, please let us know as soon as possible and self-isolate immediately
- IF YOU FEEL ILL WITHIN FOUR DAYS OF LEAVING THE PROPERTY, please let us know so that we can take the appropriate precautions for the health and wellbeing of our Staff