At this time, Land of Medicine Buddha is not cancelling events.
We are following Santa Cruz County schools to keep tabs on local infection clusters. We will make a determination to close or cancel events based on information as it becomes available and we will relay this information to you as quickly as possible.
These are the precautions that we are currently taking to help minimize the spread of cold/flu/coronavirus at LMB:
- We are wiping down public surfaces 3X per day with bleach and/or alcohol wipes including door handles, light switches, public bathroom surfaces.
- We use hot water to launder any reusable fabric items ie. towels, duvets, rags, etc.
- Our linen service fully sanitizes all towels/bathmats/sheets.
- We are placing sanitizer at the beginning of the buffet line and at the end. Please note: washing with soap and water is the preferred method for handwashing, if there is time, please use the sink in the dining room or adjacent bathrooms to wash for 20 seconds with warm water & soap.
- Our dishwashing machines sanitize all of our dishes.
- Staff will use disposable gloves to handle both clean and dirty dishes.
- We are obtaining medicines and emergency supplies to support the Center in the case of an outbreak or closure.
We are asking all staff and guests to please follow this protocol:
- If you are sick, please stay home!
- Sneeze into disposable tissues and dispose of it immediately, or use the crook of your arm if a tissue is not handy.
- Wash your hands frequently with warm water and soap.
- Refrain from shaking hands – curtsy, bow, wave, namaste – instead!
- Take care of yourself by continuing to do whatever makes you feel strong and healthy – supplements, exercise, meditation….
Stay calm and mindful of your own level of anxiety and let someone know if you need support. Most of us have never gone through a pandemic before, this is new territory, and lots of things might come up. Please be patient with yourself and each other.
We must remember that Land of Medicine Buddha was established as a center for healing and developing a good heart, we have been given a powerful opportunity to practice this.
Wishing you all good health!
LMB Executive Director