The first level of the stupa has been filled and sealed (see video below). The filling was completed on September 2, 2014, with the help of many hands. The concrete slab covering the whole level was done on September 16, 2014.
Here is a brief list of some of the things that went in the first level:
- Four sets of the Kangyur (Buddha’s sutras).
- Other classical Buddhist scriptures and commentaries in English and Chinese.
- Over five billion (5 followed by 9 zeroes) mantras.
- Over 400,000 printed images of buddhas and holy beings.
- Over 3,000 tsatsas (plaster cast images) of buddhas.
- Many cartons of audio and video recordings of Buddhist teachings by modern-day masters.
- All sorts of objects symbolic of worldly resources.
- Nine wealth vases.
All the empty spaces were packed with pine shavings to serve as incense.
There is a very informative video that shows the work of two months that went into getting all the things together, packing them, and putting them in the central chamber and the outer corridor of the first level. Watch: