Vajrayogini—the Powerful Lady Naro Khechari
This practice belongs to the highest yoga tantra class, which means it contains special methods for attaining the two enlightened forms of a buddha that are not found in the three lower classes of tantra.
Phabongkha Dechen Nyingpo explained that the Vajrayogini teaching is like the heart of the Chakrasamvara root tantra. As the times become more degenerate, the blessings of other deities slow down. As for Heruka Father and Mother, in degenerate times, their blessings become greater and swifter. The Vajrayogini mantra is so precious; it is the mantra of all the dakinis. In the forty-eighth chapter of the Chakrasamvara root tantra, the source of the Vajrayogini path, it says:
“By reciting this mantra, one will have accomplishment.
All the actions that one does will be virtue.”
Geshe Ngawang Dakpa has once again with great kindness accepted guide us in the rituals of the retreat and give a 5–7 day commentary during the first week of the retreat. (Exact dates of commentary portion to be announced at later date, but registration is now open for this option). The commitment for receiving the commentary is to do the Vajrayogini retreat.
We will be accumulating 100,000 mantra recitations on the basis of the long sadhana, The Nearing Path to Great Bliss, plus the wisdom showering mantra. The retreat will conclude with a peaceful fire offering and completed with the Vajrayagini self-entry. The retreat will be led by Ven. Steve Carlier. All retreatants will also participate in karma yoga to help the retreat run smoothly.
Participants must fulfill the following:
- Have taken refuge in the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha
- Have received a highest yoga tantra empowerment (wang)
- Have a daily practice of the Six Session Guru Yoga
- Have received the blessing initiation (jinlab) of Vajrayogini
- Have faith and respect for all traditions of Buddhism and in His Holiness the Dalai Lama
March 2: Check-in after lunch, orientation at 3pm and retreat preliminary ritual at 6:30pm
March 3–9: Three retreat sessions with teachings in third afternoon session
March 10–20: Four retreat sessions per day
March 21: Final session and Fire Puja
March 22: Vajrayogini Self-Entry
Early Bird Discount through December 31st.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Vajrayogini Retreat
- You will be sent a questionnaire via Google Form.
- After we have sent you your confirmation, please go ahead and book your retreat online.
|Date(s):||March 2–22, 2019|
|Instructor/Leader:||Venerable Steve Carlier|
|Type of event:||retreat|
|Number of sessions:||21 days|
|Participation:||Restrictd to Vajrayogini initiates.|
|Add to Google Calendar:|