Lama Tsongkhapa and his two disciples,
Gyaltsab Je and Khedrub Je
- Talk on Friday, March 24th, 7 pm – open to the public
- Talk and meditation on Friday, April 1st, 7pm – for workshop participants
- Saturdays: 9am – 6pm
- Sundays: 9am – afternoon*
Connect with the lineage lamas through art. Master thangka painter, Andy Weber, will lead two weekend art retreats in 2017, from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon.
These two weekend courses will focus on Lama Tsongkhapa and his two disciples, Gyaltsab Je and Khedrub Je. Lama Tsongkhapa was the 14th C. Tibetan Buddhist reformer and founder of the Gelug lineage.
The first weekend will focus on line drawing. The second weekend will concentrate on painting and techniques, and the craft aspects of thangka painting. Daily lectures, meditation and mantra recitation will enhance the retreat atmosphere and its healing power.
Materials to bring:
- First weekend: Drawing paper or canvas, pencil HB (mechanical pencil), an eraser, ruler. Painting materials.
- Second weekend: Painting materials.
- Suitable for both beginners and advanced students.
- No artistic talent or background needed!
- Art retreat participants must attend the Friday-evening talks.
* On April 2, we will probably wrap up early, to make way for a teaching by Gyume Khensur Rinpoche that afternoon.
Participants in the art retreat must pre-register Space is limited. (Registration not required to attend the Friday-night public talks.)
|Date(s):||Fri-Sun, March 24-26 & Mar 31-Apr 2|
|Times:||7:00 pm - 4:00 pm|
|Type of event:||art|
|Number of sessions:||2 weekends|
|Participation:||Residential; commuter options|
|Add to Google Calendar:|