Lama Tsongkhapa and his two disciples,
Gyaltsab Je and Khedrub Je
- Friday: 7pm – public talk
- Saturday: 9am – 6pm
- Sunday: 9am – 5pm
Connect with the lineage lamas through art. Master thangka painter, Andy Weber, will lead this weekend art retreat in 2017, from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon. (Note: this was originally 2 weekends, but the second weekend is canceled.)
This course will focus on Lama Tsongkhapa and his two disciples, Gyaltsab Je and Khedrub Je. Lama Tsongkhapa was the 14th C. Tibetan Buddhist reformer and founder of the Gelug lineage.
Daily lectures, meditation and mantra recitation will enhance the retreat atmosphere and the blessing of the lineage lamas.
Materials to bring:
- Drawing paper or canvas, pencil HB (mechanical pencil), an eraser, long ruler. Painting materials (as needed)
- Table lamp
- Suitable for both beginners and advanced students.
- No artistic talent or background needed!
- Art retreat participants must attend the Friday-evening talk.
Participants in the art retreat must pre-register.
|Date(s):||Fri-Sun, March 24-26|
|Times:||7:00 pm - 5:00 pm|
|Type of event:||art|
|Number of sessions:||1 weekend (changed)|
|Participation:||Residential; commuter options|
|Add to Google Calendar:|
Registration and Donations for Art Retreat w. Andy Weber
Online registration is now closed for this event.