Land of Medicine Buddha (LMB) is a Tibetan Buddhist Dharma Center situated on 108 acres in beautiful Soquel, CA, USA. We are affiliated with the Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition (FPMT). LMB is a unique Dharma Center in that there are many different populations that come to the Land on any given day — Dharma program participants, facility rental guests, and the general public. No matter the reason, our goal is to ensure every guest of LMB is met with warmth and loving-kindness.
We are currently seeking a Spiritual Program Coordinator (SPC) to join Team LMB as soon as possible. This is a full time (35 hours per week) paid position. There is the possibility of this being a residential position.
The SPC works closely with the Executive Director to develop, design, and implement the spiritual program at LMB. The SPC is responsible to the Executive Director and to FPMT International Office to ensure that the Center’s spiritual program is in line with FPMT policy and guidelines, ensuring that it reflects the unique teaching style of Lama Yeshe and Lama Zopa Rinpoche. This is the ideal position for a creative, dynamic person looking to offer service within the FPMT mandala.
- Management of all aspects of the spiritual program including writing and following up on invitation e-mails, planning programs, as well as on-site and day-of event coordination
- Coordinate with the reception office regarding guest services and administration with regard to Dharma program bookings
- Collaborate with other staff to create, write, and edit copy for marketing and promotion of the Dharma program for print, website, and social media
- Welcome newcomers to the Center and host weekly classes
- Coordination of gompa volunteers