We are currently seeking a Spiritual Program Coordinator (SPC) to join Team LMB around October 1st, 2017. This is a full time (35 hours per week) paid position. There is the possibility of this being a residential position.
The SPC works closely with the Executive Director to develop, design, and implement the spiritual program at LMB. The SPC is responsible to the Executive Director and to FPMT International Office to ensure that the Center’s spiritual program is in line with FPMT policy and guidelines, ensuring that it reflects the unique teaching style of Lama Yeshe and Lama Zopa Rinpoche. This is the ideal position for a creative, dynamic person looking to offer service within the FPMT mandala.
- Management of all aspects of the spiritual program including writing and following up on invitation e-mails, planning programs, as well as on-site and day-of event coordination
- Coordinate with the reception office regarding guest services and administration with regard to Dharma program bookings
- Collaborate with other staff to create, write, and edit copy for marketing and promotion of the Dharma program for print, website, and social media
- Welcome newcomers to the Center and host weekly classes
- Coordination of gompa volunteers
- Perform other job-appropriate activities as requested by the Executive Director
Qualities of the ideal candidate:
- Devotion to Lama Zopa Rinpoche, or at least familiarity with and respect for Rinpoche and the FPMT organization
- A serious Dharma practitioner with a strong daily practice
- Harmonious and warm personality
- Flexible mind
Required skills of the ideal candidate:
- Superb written and spoken communication skills in English
- Proven experience with event management
- Strong marketing and promotion background including social media savvy
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Familiarity with FPMT education programs, ideally having completed at least one
- Volunteer experience at an FPMT center
- Attendance at one or more retreats at an FPMT center
- Legally able to work in the US
Does this sound like the perfect situation for you? Please submit the following three items no later than August 15th, 2017 to the .
1. A one page cover letter explaining why you are right for this job and this job is right for you.
2. A detailed Dharma CV and a professional CV (these can be combined in one document).
3. Three references: please including full name, phone number, and email address for each of the following:
- One spiritual reference (from an FPMT center director, SPC, or center board member; or an FPMT registered teacher)
- Two professional references (former or current employers).
Caption for picture: Lama Zopa Rinpoche teaching in Mongolia, 2015.