Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Management of the Housekeeping department: ordering supplies, training staff, even jumping in and cleaning rooms when needed!
- Supporting the Kitchen department: working collaboratively with the Head Chef on ordering, picking up local vendor orders, and lending a hand during busy times.
- Providing logistical support to the Spiritual Program and Facility Rental departments.
- Managing the weekly work calendars for the Grounds and Maintenance departments.
- Training service-study participants.
Required skills of the ideal candidate:
- a strong work ethic
- demonstrated leadership skills
- clear communications
- At least one year Management experience in housekeeping or kitchen environment
- Legally able to work in the US
- Flexibility in scheduling is a must in this position including evenings and weekends
Does this sound like the perfect situation for you? Please submit the following three items as soon as possible to the Executive Director
- A one page cover letter explaining why you are right for this job and this job is right for you.
- A detailed resume/CV.
- Three professional references: please including full name, phone number, and email address for each
Land of Medicine Buddha (LMB) is a Tibetan Buddhist Dharma Center situated on 108 acres in beautiful Soquel, CA, USA. We are affiliated with the Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition (FPMT). LMB is a unique Dharma Center in that there are many different populations that come to the Land on any given day — Dharma program participants, facility rental guests, and the general public. No matter the reason, our goal is to ensure every guest of LMB is met with warmth and loving-kindness.
Land of Medicine Buddha is an equal opportunity employer and seeks diversity with respect to race, ethnicity, culture, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, and physical abilities.