Land of Medicine Buddha (LMB) is a Tibetan Buddhist Dharma Center situated on 108 acres in beautiful Soquel, CA, USA. We are affiliated with the Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition (FPMT). LMB is a unique Dharma Center in that there are many different populations that come to the Land on any given day — Dharma program participants, facility rental guests, and the general public. No matter the reason, our goal is to ensure every guest of LMB is met with warmth and loving-kindness.
We are currently seeking a Spiritual Program Coordinator (SPC) to join Team LMB as soon as possible. This is a full time (35 hours per week) paid position. There is the possibility of this being a residential position.
The SPC works closely with the Executive Director to develop, design, and implement the spiritual program at LMB. The SPC is responsible to the Executive Director and to FPMT International Office to ensure that the Center’s spiritual program is in line with FPMT policy and guidelines, ensuring that it reflects the unique teaching style of Lama Yeshe and Lama Zopa Rinpoche. This is the ideal position for a creative, dynamic person looking to offer service within the FPMT mandala.
- Management of all aspects of the spiritual program including writing and following up on invitation e-mails, planning programs, as well as on-site and day-of event coordination
- Coordinate with the reception office regarding guest services and administration with regard to Dharma program bookings
- Collaborate with other staff to create, write, and edit copy for marketing and promotion of the Dharma program for print, website, and social media
- Welcome newcomers to the Center and host weekly classes
- Coordination of gompa volunteers
Qualities of the ideal candidate:
- Devotion to Lama Zopa Rinpoche, or at least familiarity with and respect for Rinpoche and the FPMT organization
- A serious Dharma practitioner with a strong daily practice
- Harmonious and warm personality
- Flexible mind
Required skills of the ideal candidate:
- Superb written and spoken communication skills in English
- Proven experience with hosting Dharma events
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Familiarity with FPMT education programs
- Volunteer experience at an FPMT center
- Legally able to work in the US
Does this sound like the perfect situation for you? Please submit the following three items no later than October 15th, 2017 to the Executive Director .
1. A one page cover letter explaining why you are right for this job and this job is right for you.
2. A detailed professional and Dharma CV.
3. Three references: please include full name, phone number, and email address for each of the following:
- Spiritual reference (from an FPMT Center Director, SPC, or Center board member, or an FPMT registered teacher)
- Two professional references (former or current employers)