We are currently seeking a Kitchen Manager to join Team LMB as soon as possible. This is a full time (35 hours per week) paid position reporting directly to the Executive Director. There is the possibility of this being a residential position. This is a wonderful opportunity for a creative, dynamic person to offer service within the FPMT mandala.
Responsibilities include management of all aspects of the LMB kitchen including:
- Cooking vegetarian meals allowing for dietary restrictions for anywhere from 20 to 80 people daily
- Creating bi-weekly menus consisting of cohesive meals that include seasonal and local produce on par with local vegetarian restaurants & retreat centers in both taste and presentation
- Purchasing of all kitchen supplies and organize ordering of produce
- Maintain Health & Safety standards
- Managing other cooks and kitchen assistants
- Kitchen staff scheduling
Qualities of the ideal candidate:
- Harmonious and warm personality
- Flexible mind
Required skills of the ideal candidate:
- Superb written and spoken communication skills in English
- Organizational ability
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of Team LMB
- Legally able to work in the US
- Flexibility in scheduling is a must in this position including evenings and weekends
Does this sound like the perfect situation for you? Please submit the following three items as soon as possible to the Executive Director .
1. A one page cover letter explaining why you are right for this job and this job is right for you.
2. A detailed professional CV.
3. Three professional references: please including full name, phone number, and email address for each.